62 | Favourite Romantic Couples in Fiction
Listen to Episode 62: Favourite Romantic Couples in Fiction
Also Available on iTunes
Love is in the air in today's Tea & Tattle episode, as Sophie and I are discussing our favourite romantic couples in fiction. Which partners in crime do we like best, who steals the spot for all time favourite couple, and what love affairs have we wept over most? We answer all these questions and more in our chat, and we hope this episode gets you in the mood for Valentine's Day tomorrow!
Listen to learn our favourite literary couples.
- 01:06 - Jump for Joys!
- 03:19 - From Our Listeners.
- 06:51 - Miranda introduces the main discussion.
- 07:21 - All Time Favourite Couple.
- 10:18 - Forbidden Love.
- 12:19 - Partners in Crime.
- 15:21 - Tragic Love.
- 17:55 - Young Love.
- 20:21 - Old Love.
- 22:35 - Unrequited Love.
- 24:17 - Guilty Favourite.
- 27:56 - Culture Corner.
- Penguin Clothbound Poetry books, designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith.
- Blood, Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton.
- Persuasion by Jane Austen.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
- The Bird in the Tree by Elizabeth Goudge.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.
- Lord Peter Wimsey books by Dorothy L Sayers.
- Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn.
- Tommy and Tuppence books by Agatha Christie.
- The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford.
- His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman.
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery.
- Betsy's Wedding by Maud Hart Lovelace.
- Winter Solstice by Rosamund Pilcher.
- Island Magic by Elizabeth Goudge.
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- Sadler's Wells books by Lorna Hill.
- Flambards books by K. M. Peyton.
- Stranger crime drama series on Netflix.
- Modigliani exhibition at Tate Modern.
- Sophie's instagram: @sophie_perdita.
- Miranda's instagram: @mirandasnotebook and @mirandasbookcase.
click on the Twitter icon to share our favourite quote from this episode
You pierce my soul.
- Jane Austen, Persuasion
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know: