54 | Emily Quinton and Creative Community
Listen to Episode 54: Emily Quinton and Creative Community
Also Available on iTunes
Today on Tea & Tattle podcast, I'm chatting with the lovely Emily Quinton, founder of Makelight, and one of the nicest people I've met so far on my own social media journey. I'd been following Emily's gorgeous instagram account for several months before joining her online membership community, Makelight.
Makelight offers courses on all things social media related, from how to take beautiful photographs, to boosting your instagram following, creating a brand that stands out, and so much more. One of the best things about being a part of Makelight is getting to know many of its members, and I've been lucky enough to make some lovely friends through the community already.
I was so thrilled when Emily agreed to interview on Tea & Tattle, and I got to question her on how she transitioned from being a portrait and wedding photographer, to a blogger, to then founding her own business alongside her husband, Stef.
It was so inspiring to hear how Emily uses her intuition to guide her when making decisions and how she's learnt to listen to her inner voice. We also spoke about the importance of building a creative network and Emily's goals for Makelight, which made me very excited for what's to come in 2018.
Scroll through some of Emily's beautiful photographs.
This episode is a great listen for anyone who is interested in building their own online platform or business in a meaningful way, whilst making genuine connections and enjoying the process one step at a time.
Listen to learn about building a successful online learning platform and growing a creative network.
Top and bottom images provided by Emily Quinton.
- 00:25 - Miranda introduces Emily Quinton.
- 02:27 - How Emily's love for photography first began, and how she became a professional photographer.
- 07:05 - Transitioning from a career in photography to becoming a full time blogger.
- 11:19 - The inspiration behind Makelight, Emily's online learning community.
- 16:29 - How to experiment with lots of different ideas to find the right one for your business.
- 23:00 - How Emily lets her intuition guide her in her business.
- 31:27 - Building a creative community.
- 35:22 - What's next for Emily and Makelight.
- Emily Quinton's website.
- Find Emily on Instagram (@emilyquinton and @makelight), Pinterest, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter.
click on the Twitter icon to share my favourite quote from this episode
Networking and community are even more important than content.
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, I love to hear your thoughts, so please let me know: