48 | Lagom and the Art of Balanced Living
Listen to Episode 48: Lagom & the Art of Balanced Living
Also Available on iTunes
This week on Tea & Tattle podcast, Sophie and I are discussing the Swedish term, lagom, meaning 'just the right amount,' and how we can use the Scandinavian principle of living in balance to lead happier and healthier lives ourselves.
The modern world feels an increasingly chaotic and time-pressured place in which to live, and we examine how adopting a lagom approach to work and health may help us to identify our priorities and lead a less stressed existence.
Listen to learn more about the Swedish way of living and how to find more balance in your life.
- 01:15 - Jump for Joys! Find out what's been making Miranda and Sophie happy lately.
- 05:53 - From Our Listeners - Sophie and Miranda share feedback and interesting remarks from T&T listeners.
- 09:01 - Miranda introduces the main discussion.
- 10:53 - What is lagom?.
- 13:41 - Misconceptions around lagom.
- 15:28 - Sophie and Miranda discuss why lagom strikes a chord with so many people around the world.
- 19:18 - Applying lagom to everyday life: work.
- 30:02 - Applying lagom to everyday life: health.
- 35:50 - Culture Corner! Find out the recent Tea & Tattle cultural favourites.
- Olympus Pen F camera.
- Julia's instagram account @stylonnylon.
- Our Tea & Tattle Hygge episode.
- The Riviera Express audio book.
- Miranda's Tea & Tattle interview with Lindsey Tramuta.
- Tasting Rome by Katie Parla.
- Sophie's instagram: @sophie_perdita.
- Miranda's instagram: @mirandasnotebook and @mirandasbookcase.
click on the Twitter icon to share our favourite quote from this episode
Think about how to work best, not how to work less.
- Miranda and Sophie
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know:
Do you struggle to find a balanced approach to your work and health? Does the idea of lagom appeal to you too?
Remember to tune into to Tea & Tattle again next Tuesday! Miranda will be in conversation with Nell Stevens, author of Bleaker House, a fantastic memoir describing Nell's experience moving to the Falkland Islands in order to try to write a novel.