44 | Tips for Starting a New Job
Listen to Episode 44: Tips for Starting a New Job
Also Available on iTunes
Sophie is back on the podcast for the latest episode of Tea & Tattle, and we're resuming our regular fortnightly chats, with interviews with female creatives in between. As it's back-to-school and back-to-work season, I thought we'd do an episode focused on career, and today we're sharing our best advice for starting a new job. Sophie has just started a part-time job as a lecturer at the University of East Anglia, so I thought this choice of topic particularly appropriate!
Listen to hear our best advice for successfully starting a new job.
- 01:24 - Jump for Joys! Find out what's been making Miranda and Sophie happy lately.
- 05:02 - From Our Listeners - Sophie and Miranda share feedback and interesting remarks from T&T listeners.
- 07:13 - Miranda introduces the main discussion.
- 07:49 - Why it's so important to remember to look after yourself.
- 13:56 - Ideas to help you to be as organised as possible.
- 19:10 - Ways to get to know your colleagues better.
- 27:18 - How to boost your confidence at the start of a new job.
- 32:05 - Culture Corner! Find out the recent Tea & Tattle cultural favourites.
- Read Miranda's blog posts about Rye here and here.
- Bloom and Wild and Wild at Heart.
- The Luck of the Vails by E.F. Benson.
- Times Literary Supplement - Jane Austen edition.
- Sophie's instagram: @sophie_perdita.
- Miranda's instagram: @mirandasnotebook.
click on the Twitter icon to share our favourite quote from this episode
Remember you were chosen for a reason and have a lot to offer.
- Miranda and Sophie
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know:
What advice would you give anyone starting a new job?
P.S. I've updated the Tea & Tattle newsletter! As well as sharing the latest episode each week, I'm including some 'Weekly Loves' from myself and Sophie as further inspiration for our listeners. Make sure you've subscribed to get our suggestions and updates!