28 | Travel Planning and Packing Tips
Listen to Episode 28: Travel Planning and Packing Tips
Also Available on iTunes
In today's episode, Sophie joins me on the podcast to chat about travel. We share our top tips for planning a journey and packing efficiently. I loved Sophie's advice about what she always has in her carry on and how she always tries to put fresh sheets on the bed before leaving for a holiday, so that her home is especially inviting on return. We both talk about our planning timeline leading up to a trip, detailing what we plan months, weeks, days and even hours in advance.
Sophie and I had a lot of fun sharing ideas in this episode, and we felt there was so much more we could have said, so we're planning a Part 2 for our next joint Tea & Tattle episode, where we'll be talking about making the most of a trip, including fun ideas for keeping a travel journal. If there's a particular travel-related topic you'd like us to discuss as well, then do let us know!
Listen to hear our best tips for travel planning and packing.
- 00:53 - Jump for Joys! Find out what's been making Miranda and Sophie happy lately.
- 03:30 - From Our Listeners - Sophie and Miranda share feedback and interesting remarks from T&T listeners.
- 06:42 - Miranda introduces the main discussion.
- 07:12 - How Sophie and Miranda plan a trip in advance.
- 18:25 - Packing tips.
- 26:47 - Culture Corner! Find out the recent Tea & Tattle cultural favourites.
- Miranda's Cornwall blog posts.
- Ways to See Great Britain by Alice Stevenson.
- Kath's instagram photo.
- Netflix minimalism documentary.
- Giada de Laurentiis.
- Arsenic and Old Lace.
- The Do Book Co.
- Find us on Instagram: Sophie (@sophie_perdita); Miranda (@mirandasnotebook and @mirandasbookcase).
click on the Twitter icon to share our favourite quote from this episode
The key to a successful trip is planning.
- Miranda and Sophie
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know:
Do you have any upcoming travel plans? What is your best travel planning and packing advice, and which of our tips did you find particularly helpful?
I'm in conversation with the Queen of Instagram, Sara Tasker (@me_and_orla). Sara and I had such an entertaining discussion on creativity, fostering a sense of community through Instagram and Sara's photography inspirations. Be sure to due in again next Tuesday.