26 | Reflecting on Our Goals for 2017
Listen to Episode 26: Reflecting on our Goals for 2017
Also Available on iTunes
It's super to have Sophie back on the podcast today, especially as we're celebrating the 6 month anniversary of Tea & Tattle! We're having a general catch-up on the podcast today, and Sophie explains why she's been so busy lately. We're also reflecting on our theme words that we set at the start of the year in Episode 10. Sophie chose 'openness' as a word to frame what she wanted to achieve in 2017, and I chose 'consistency.' As we said in January, we want to regularly check in with each other (and with our listeners!) to see how we're getting on with our goals, and so this episode is devoted to reflecting on our progress through the year so far.
Listen to hear our reflections on the year so far and how much we've managed to keep to our theme words of 'consistency' and 'openness.'
- 01:24 - Jump for Joys! Find out what's been making Miranda and Sophie happy lately.
- 04:09 - From Our Listeners - Sophie and Miranda share feedback and interesting remarks from T&T listeners.
- 06:08 - Miranda introduces the main discussion.
- 06:58 - Sophie and Miranda recap why they chose the words 'openness' and 'consistency.'
- 08:08 - How well Miranda and Sophie feel they have made progress so far this year.
- 16:53 - Possible negatives in choosing a theme word for the year.
- 18:08 - What this process has taught Sophie and Miranda about tracking and attaining goals.
- 29:12 - Culture Corner! Find out the recent Tea & Tattle cultural favourites.
- Episode 10 of Tea & Tattle, where Sophie and I first discussed our theme words for 2017.
- Syon Park and Chiswick House and Gardens.
- Miranda's trip to York.
- The Possessions by Sara Flannery Murphy (which Miranda instantly bought after Sophie's recommendation and is now reading!).
- Vanessa Bell exhibition at Dulwich Picture Gallery (ends 4th June).
- Find us on Instagram: Sophie (@sophie_perdita); Miranda (@mirandasnotebook and @mirandasbookcase).
click on the Twitter icon to share our favourite quote from this episode
Understanding yourself is key to attaining goals.
- Miranda and Sophie
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know:
What are your reflections on the year so far? Are you happy with your progress in 2017? Is there anything that's working particularly well for you in helping you to attain goals, or is there something you need to change?
I'm in conversation with one of my favourite writers, Samantha Ellis, about her books How to be a Heroine and Take Courage: Anne Brontë and the Art of Life. We had such a fascinating chat about female literary heroines that particularly inspired Samantha, as well as her fascination with Anne Brontë and what learning more about Anne's life taught Samantha about herself.