11 | A Chat With Dominique Davis
Listen to Episode 11: A Chat With Dominique Davis
Also Available on iTunes
In today's episode, I'm interviewing the delightful Dominique Davis, who writes the fashion and lifestyle blog, All That Is She. Dominique has one of the most charming Instagram accounts I've ever seen, and so it's not a surprise that she's amassed a huge following in a relatively short space of time. For the most part, Dominique's photos feature her life with her partner and two adorable daughters (Amelia and Penny), and she writes entertainingly about motherhood and her experiences creating seasonal capsule wardrobes to hone her fashion choices and simplify her busy life.
Since this episode was recorded, Dominique has written a brilliant guide to building a capsule wardrobe. If you've been following my blog, you'll know I've been inspired to pare down my closet (ever since talking to Dominique!) and donated or gave away about 20 bags of clothes! I'm now working towards having my own capsule wardrobe, and I definitely recommend using Dominique's guide to help. Part of her guide is free to download, but I would suggest forking out £1.97 for the other part too - it's worth it!
Dominique gave some great tips on how to set about creating a capsule wardrobe in this episode, as well as advice on how to stand out on Instagram. Her account was recently featured as a winner of a hashtag competition on Instagram's feed, so she certainly knows what she's talking about! More than anything though, I think it's clear from this interview what a friendly, down-to-earth person Dominique is, and I know her followers appreciate her lovely spirit within the Instagram community just as much as her spell-binding photos.
- 00:30 - Miranda introduces Dominique Davis.
- 01:17 - Dominique explains a little about herself and her background.
- 02:17 - Miranda asks Dominique about her initial blogging experience.
- 03:56 - The start of the capsule wardrobe.
- 06:58- Where Dominique finds inspiration for her style.
- 10:56 - How many items should be in a capsule wardrobe?
- 12:45 - Miranda queries whether a capsule wardrobe ever feels restrictive or boring.
- 16:45 - Dominique explains what she requires from an article of clothing before adding it to her closet.
- 18:51 - Whether Dominique's daughters also have capsule wardrobes.
- 22:36 - Miranda asks Dominique what her tips are for standing out on Instagram and growing a following.
- Dominique's blog and Instagram.
- Unfancy blog.
- Stalf Studio.
- Not Perfect Linen.
- Dominique's How To Build A Capsule Wardrobe e-course.
click on the Twitter icon to share my favourite quote from this episode
You open your wardrobe, pick two things out, and you're done.
- Dominique Davis
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know:
What did you enjoy most about this episode? Are you tempted to try a capsule wardrobe? Don't you think Dominique's photos are lovely?!
Sophie is back on the podcast, and we're discussing Shine Theory and why it's important to us.