10 | Theme Word for 2017
Listen to Episode 10: Theme Word for 2017
Also Available on iTunes
Today on Tea & Tattle, Sophie and I are sharing our wishes for the year ahead. We've each chosen a theme word for 2017, which we hope will help us to achieve our goals and keep us in a positive, forward-thinking mindset. We both agree that trying to stick to a long list of New Year resolutions never works very well for either of us, so this January we've chosen instead to focus on one word that sets the tone for the year ahead. Sophie especially is anticipating some big and exciting changes in 2017, and I share the number one thing that I hope will help me improve in all areas of my life.
Also, we've introduced a little change to the podcast: instead of our regular 'do-over' section, we've decided instead to check in on each other's goals quarterly throughout the year and discuss whether we need to make any adjustments or improvements to our habits. Instead of the usual 'do-over' section, then, we're sharing snippets of some of the wonderful comments and feedback we receive from you, our listeners! It's our aim to create a real dialogue with Tea & Tattle Podcast, so we were happy to think of a way we could incorporate the insightful, fun and interesting things our listeners let us know too.
Thank you as always to everyone for getting in touch and letting us know your thoughts on the latest episode!
- 01:05 - Jump for Joys!
- 04:13 - No 'Do-Over' section - Sophie and Miranda explain why.
- 04:53 - A new section is introduced to the podcast: From Our Listeners.
- 07:23 - Miranda introduces the main discussion topic.
- 08:39 - Miranda shares her theme word for the year, the inspiration behind it, and how she intends to apply it to various goals and aspects of her life.
- 17:54 - Sophie discusses her word choice, which was partly inspired by starting Tea & Tattle in 2016, and describes how it will be applicable to the changes she foresees in 2017.
- 27:15 - Culture Corner time!
- Williamstown, Massachusetts.
- Kate Spade.
- Persephone Books Diary 2017.
- Pardon My French podcast.
- Gretchen Rubin.
- Elizabeth Goudge.
- Paul Nash exhibition at Tate Britain.
click on the Twitter icon to share our favourite quote from this episode
What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.
- Gretchen Rubin
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know:
What are your goals for the New Year? If you could pick one word to have as your theme for 2017, what would it be?
I'm joined by the fabulous Dominique Davis, who has one of the most gorgeous Instagram accounts I follow, and who writes the blog All That Is She. Dominique is sharing her tips on building a capsule wardrobe, as well as insights into how to stand out on Instagram. It's definitely an episode you don't want to miss, so be sure to tune in again next Tuesday.