09 | A Chat With Sleek Technique Founders
Listen to Episode 9: A Chat With Victoria Marr & Flik Swan
Also Available on iTunes
Hello and Happy New Year! I hope you've all enjoyed the holidays and are starting the New Year feeling refreshed and invigorated. For Tea & Tattle's first episode of 2017, I'm interviewing the lovely Victoria Marr and Flik Swan, best friends and founders of the ballet-inspired fitness programme Sleek Technique. If you're seeking some fitness inspiration to meet your health goals for 2017 (or are fascinated by the world of ballet), then this is the perfect episode for you. And fear not: even if you've never done a single plié, Sleek Technique is still highly accessible, and you'll be getting those ballerina legs in no time!
I first discovered Sleek Technique one January a few years ago, at a time when I desperately needed a fitness routine that I could do from home and that was as enjoyable as it was challenging. I was gritting my teeth getting through a job I didn't particularly enjoy at the time, and I knew that instead of coming home and feeling miserable most evenings, I had to find something fun to do instead. I started taking 1-2 Sleek Technique Live Classes a night, and it was one of the best choices I've ever made. My mood transformed, and it was wonderful to feel strong and graceful again.
As you'll notice in this episode, both Victoria and Flik have such friendly, bubbly personalities that it's hard not to smile all through their classes (hard work though they may be!). I loved hearing about how they switched careers from professional dancers to fitness entrepreneurs in this interview, as well as their tips for keeping on track with your exercise routine and their advice on creating a successful business with your best friend.
I've also signed up to join in the new Sleek Technique Full Ballerina Body Nutrition Programme, which starts January 10th (we discuss it a little in the episode). I'll be sure to let you know how it goes, and do drop me a line if you're keen to try it as well, as it would be fun to know if anyone else is doing it too!
Here's to a happy and healthy 2017. Enjoy the episode!
- 00:33 - Miranda introduces Sleek Technique Founders, Victoria and Flik.
- 02:09 - Victoria and Flik explain how they first got into ballet and how they met as young students at Elmhurst Ballet School.
- 05:37 - The Sleek Technique founders discuss their professional lives as dancers and how they began to make the transition from moving away from full-time dance to starting Sleek Technique.
- 13:48 - Flik explains that no dance background is needed to get the most out of Sleek Technique classes and expands on what you can expect from the streaming and live classes.
- 17:44 - Victoria and Flik share their words of wisdom on how to successfully go into business with your best friend.
- 21:09 - As busy working mums, the Sleek Technique ladies know how hard it can be to fit everything into a day. Here, they share their tips on how to keep your health a daily priority.
- 25:33 - Flik and Victoria explain which their favourite Sleek Technique classes are and why. Both Flik and I turn out to be Full Ballerina Body girls!
- 27:15 - I question the ex-ballerinas on their latest project: the Full Ballerina Body Nutrition Programme that kicks off on January 10th (I've signed up for it!).
- 30:49 - Victoria and Flik share who their personal heroines are in the dance and fitness industries.
- Sleek Technique.
- Full Ballerina Body Nutrition Programme.
- Elmhurst Ballet School.
- Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Old Vic.
- Sadler's Wells.
- Sleek Technique Live Classes.
- Sleek Technique Streaming Classes.
- Sleek Technique Ballet Bootcamp Workout with Sweaty Betty (you can also check the youtube video here).
click on the Twitter icon to share my favourite quote from this episode
We’ve taken the basics of ballet - the honing and toning methods dancers have used since the beginning of time - and made them attainable.
- Flik Swan
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know:
What did you enjoy most about this episode? Are you tempted to try out a Sleek Technique class or the nutrition programme? What ways are you planning to commit to your fitness goals this year?
Sophie and is back on the podcast, and we're discussing our New Year goals and sharing our theme word for the year.