05 | A Chat With Monica Welburn
Listen to Episode 5: A Chat With Monica Welburn
Also Available on iTunes
This week, I am joined by the fabulous fashion and lifestyle blogger, Monica Welburn of The Elgin Avenue to discuss Monica's career as a full-time blogger. I've been a fan of Monica's blog for a long time and very much enjoy the mix of fashion, lifestyle and wellbeing content. I was fascinated to hear how moving out of London helped Monica to grow her blog and her tips on finding a group of like-minded entrepreneurial women.
- 00:29 - Miranda introduces Monica.
- 01:30 - Monica explains her experience starting out in the fashion industry and how she first started blogging.
- 08:30 - Miranda asks Monica about her transition into full-time blogging.
- 14:04 - Monica describes how moving out of London helped her business to grow.
- 17:45 - The girls discuss the importance of building a friendly online space and carving out your own circle of friends within the blogging industry.
- 22:58 - Monica talks about how her personal style reflects her personality and background.
- 25:43 - Monica shares a quote that is inspiring her especially at the moment.
- 29:14 - The next steps for The Elgin Avenue: Monica describes some of her future projects.
- The Elgin Avenue.
- Coco's Tea Party.
- Monica's lovely desktop wallpapers, which are free to download.
- Connect with Monica on: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
click on the Twitter icon to share Monica's favourite quote
It's not the way you say things - it's your message that matters.
- Garance Dore
Thank you so much for listening and being a part of Tea & Tattle podcast. As always, we love to hear your thoughts, so please let us know:
Has a move away from a big city ever benefited your life in some way? What did you enjoy most about Monica's interview?
Sophie is back on the podcast, and we're in full festive mode, talking about etiquette tips for party season. I can hear the cocktail glasses clinking already!